Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks and Santa Cruz Mission State Historic Park will be a stop on the procession from Abbott Square to Evergreen Cemetery, part of the Dia de los Muertos Community Festival at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History.
The procession begins at 3:30 p.m. The route is:
- Assembly Point: Abbott Square
- Through Cooper Street to Pacific Avenue
- Pacific Avenue to Mission Street
- Left on Mission Street up hill to enter Santa Cruz Mission State Historic Park via gate/staircase (a 10 minute dance performance by Senderos will take place here)
- Through Mission Plaza to Highway 1 Pedestrian Overpass to Bike Path
- Bike Path to Evergreen and Coral Street
- Ending location: Evergreen Cemetery
The procession will pause at the Mission for a dance performance by Senderos. Come to Santa Cruz Mission State Historic Park starting at 1 p.m. for a free family drop-in craft, then join the procession as it comes up.