The Tribute Tables program, a collaboration between Friends and California State Parks, provides an opportunity to pay tribute to a loved one, celebrate a milestone or demonstrate community support. Made of solid redwood, our custom-engraved picnic tables will provide a place of respite for you and other park visitors. The name of the honoree will be engraved using a wood router into the cross-timber on one end of the Tribute Table.
A limited number of Tribute Tables are available at our local state parks and beaches, including campgrounds, picnic areas and more. The minimum donation for a Tribute Table is $2,500. Proceeds from the program support our local state parks and beaches.
Ordering instructions are below. For assistance, please contact Jo Kenny by email or by phone at (831) 429-1840, ext 312
Tribute Table Ordering Process
- Please fill out a Tribute Table application after reading the terms and conditions for the program.
- The application will be reviewed and we will contact you with any questions.
- Following application approval, your order will be submitted to the queue for handmade production.
- Once three Tribute Tables have been reserved, they will be ordered.
- Delivery to your park of choice can be expected in 6 to 12 weeks from time of order.
- You will be contacted when the Tribute Table is delivered and ready to be installed by State Parks staff.
- You will receive a free one-day park admission pass to view the installed Tribute Table.
- Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks is also available to help plan an unveiling ceremony – please contact us for more information.
Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law and we will send you a tax receipt for your gift. Please read the terms and conditions, then complete the application.
If you have questions, please contact Jo Kenny by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (831) 429-1840, ext. 312.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks’ (Friends) Tribute Tables Program is a thoughtful way to honor a loved one or celebrate a milestone with a lasting and important gift, providing a place of respite to park lovers and enhancing the scenic beauty of our local state parks and beaches, while supporting programs in our parks.
It is the intent of Friends, California State Parks, and interested individuals to honor loved ones while benefiting the work that Friends offers in support of our Santa Cruz District State Parks. We wish to emphasize the importance of the commemorative picnic tables, while also assuring they are consistent with State Park policies and have only a positive impact on park resources.
The Tribute Tables Program is a collaborative project with the Santa Cruz District of California State Parks.
Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks is a vital partner with California State Parks, creatively working to ensure our cherished local parks and beaches are thriving and available to all. Friends’ innovative and collaborative community partnership provides support and investment for education, equity and inclusion, conservation, facilities improvements, historic preservation, and cultural events.
- State Parks will designate the number and location of Tribute Tables.
- All Tribute Tables will be approved by California State Parks (State Parks).
- The minimum donation for a Tribute Table is $2,500.
- This donation to Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks (Friends) is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- For this donation, one redwood picnic table will be engraved and placed in a state park in the Santa Cruz District, at a location to be determined, for a period of 10 years. The donor will receive a free one-day park admission pass to the park to view the Tribute Table in place.
- The up-to-30-letter inscription provided by the applicant will be routed into the cross-timber on one end of the Tribute Table.
- Upon receipt of payment, Friends staff will arrange for the table to be built and delivered.
- Friends cannot guarantee the exact placement of the picnic table but will provide the donor with the name of the specific park and the table’s general location within that park.
- Tables may be relocated within the same park unit without notification to the donor.
- If the picnic table is damaged, vandalized, or in any other way rendered to be unusable, the donor will be given the option to replace or repair the table at the donor’s cost. All replacements and repairs will be done by State Parks personnel.
- If a donor chooses not to replace or repair the table, the space will be made available for the placement of a new table by a new donor.
- Donors will be invited to renew their gifts at the end of 10 years before the Tribute Table space is made generally available for rededication.
- Donors are responsible for ensuring that their contact information is accurate.
Tribute Tables are for use by the public. Friends and State Parks cannot guarantee that tables will remain in the condition in which they were installed. Applicants are encouraged to look at picnic tables currently installed and in use at State Parks, and decide whether they can accept the potential risk of damage to their donated table that is inherent to a picnic table for public use.