Help open this new State Park!Castro Adobe is the first State Historic Park in the Pajaro Valley
Located at 184 Old Adobe Road, Watsonville, the two-story Rancho San Andrés Castro Adobe, built between 1848-49, is one of the finest examples of a rancho hacienda in the Monterey Bay area. Friends is leading a multi-year restoration effort to preserve and interpret Pajaro Valley’s first State Historic Park in partnership with California State Parks. Follow the progress on the Castro Blog.
2020 Open House events
COVID-19 Update: In-person Open House events have been paused due to the pandemic. Virtual events are happening. Follow the Castro Adobe on Facebook for event notifications.
- Saturday, January 25th
- Sunday, February 9th
- Saturday, March 7th
- Saturday, April 19th (CANCELED)
- Sunday, May 16th (CANCELED)
- Saturday, June 7th (CANCELED)
- Sunday, July 11th (CANCELED)
- Saturday, July 25th – Virtual! Watch the video here.
- Saturday, Aug. 9th (CANCELED)
- Sunday, Sept. 12th (CANCELED)
- Saturday, Oct. 18th (CANCELED)
- Sunday, Nov. 14th (CANCELED)
- Saturday, Dec. 6th (CANCELED)
Prior to COVID-19, the Castro Adobe has open on a limited basis and the park was open to the public one weekend day each month in 2020. The open houses were held 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. except for the August event, which was scheduled for 6-9 p.m.
As always, events are free to attend; donations are gratefully accepted. Parking is limited; please carpool. Leashed dogs are allowed in the parking area only.