Manresa State Beach
Latest NewsThe parking lot is open. Visitors must wear masks at the kiosks for day use entry in accordance with Santa Cruz County health order.
Here are some guidelines for people visiting Manresa State Beach:
- Parking is available.
- Restrooms are partially reopened.
- Visitors must wear masks at the kiosks for day use entry in accordance with the Santa Cruz County health order. Credit card payments are encouraged.
- Camping is now available. Get more information. Call 800-444-7275 or go online to make a reservation. Walk-ins will NOT be allowed.
What is currently closed at this park?
- Picnic tables and gathering spots
- Bonfires (State Parks-provided fire removed until further notice)
Manresa State Beach features a beautiful expanse of sea and sand, with boogie boarding, fishing, surfing and other recreation.
Learn more in the California State Parks brochure.
From Highway 1, south of Aptos, take San Andreas Road southwest and continue for 3 miles to Manresa State Beach.
By Bus: Take Santa Cruz METRO route 91x to 56, 69A to 56, or 68 to 56.
Things to doBeach Area
Surfing, boogie boarding and fishing are popular. Dangerous rip currents, frigid water and deep offshore drop-offs make surfing and swimming hazardous.Nature and Wildlife Viewing
The area supports two major
plant communities and associated wildlife: coastal scrub and coastal strand.
At Manresa State Beach, picnic tables along the top of the bluff offer panoramic ocean views.Accessibility
Beach wheelchairs are available for use. Reservations are recommended. Contact the State Park Special Events Office at SCD.email@example.com or 831-335-8487, Monday to Thursday excluding holidays, between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. Email is preferred.
Fees and Passes
Parking is $10 and supports the park. Visitors must wear masks at the kiosks for day use entry in accordance with the Santa Cruz County health order. Credit card payments are encouraged.
Annual State Parks passes also are available to purchase at the entrance kiosk.
- Outdoor shower
- Ramp to the beach
- Junior Lifeguard program
- Beach wheelchairs are available to borrow for day use. Contact the State Park Special Events Office by email or 831-335-8487, Monday to Thursday excluding holidays, between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. to make a reservation. (Email is preferred.) Learn more in this FAQ.
As private development increased in the area, residents concerned about losing public access to the beach became the driving force behind public ownership of sensitive coastal resources. Manresa State Beach was acquired by the State in 1948.
Manresa State Beach supports two major plant communities and associated wildlife: coastal scrub and coastal strand.
- Dogs are allowed on leashes no longer than 6 feet.
- Fires must be confined to fire rings provided.
- Alcohol is not allowed on the beach or in day-use areas.
- A fishing license is required.