Palm State Beach
Latest NewsThe parking lot is open. Visitors must wear masks at the kiosks for day use entry in accordance with Santa Cruz County health order.
Here are some guidelines for people visiting Palm State Beach:
- Restrooms are partially reopened.
- Visitors must wear masks at the kiosks for day use entry in accordance with the Santa Cruz County health order. Credit card payments are encouraged.
What is currently closed at this park?
- Picnic tables and gathering spots
- Bonfires (State Parks-provided fire removed until further notice)
Palm State Beach is a popular day-use area in south Santa Cruz County near the mouth of the Pajaro River. The wide beach is three miles long — perfect for a long walk or a day in the sun. Fishing and swimming are popular activities at Palm Beach. Picnic tables are available in the day use area.
Learn more in the California State Parks brochure.
Take the Riverside Drive exit off Highway 1 near Watsonville and head west to Lee Road. Then it’s a long straight drive between farm lands on West Beach Street, which leads to the parking lot.
Things to doBeach Area
Visitors enjoy surfing, swimming, boogie boarding and more.Picnic Area
A shaded picnic area offers tables and barbecues for use on a first-come, first-served basis.Accessibility
Beach wheelchairs are available for use. Reservations are recommended. Contact the State Park Special Events Office at SCD.firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-335-8487, Monday to Thursday excluding holidays, between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. Email is preferred.
Fees and Passes
Parking is $10 and supports the park. Visitors must wear masks at the kiosks for day use entry in accordance with the Santa Cruz County health order. Credit card payments are encouraged.
Annual State Parks passes also are available to purchase at the entrance kiosk.
- Picnic tables
- Outdoor Showers
- Lifeguards (summer only)
- Beach wheelchairs are available to borrow for day use. Contact the State Park Special Events Office by email or 831-335-8487, Monday to Thursday excluding holidays, between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. to make a reservation. (Email is preferred.) Learn more in this FAQ.
Palm State Beach was originally Camp Goodall, a private beach with a number of small cottages. It was named “Palm” after a famous resort in Florida.
- Leashed dogs are allowed on the beach.
- Fires must be confined to fire rings provided.
- Alcohol is not allowed on the beach or in day-use areas.
- A fishing license is required.